Thursday 21 July 2016

son's 7 years old birthday cake 儿子7岁的生日蛋糕


I bake this little cake, just 6" mini cake for my son, Brian's birthday. I surf online to get new idea for decorating the cake as I am not a good cake decorator. So I found this design, with minimum piping and coloured icing and it makes the cake so beautiful! My son love it so much!



 

Since is a boy cake, so I think about blue, red and yellow colour. I whipped up a white chocolate buttercream as frosting, spoon out a tablespoon of the whipped buttercream then I add in the colour in seperated bowls. Sorry that I didn't take any photo on that time to show.

Method & ingredients to frost the cake:-

100g white chocolate, cut to small pieces
70g icing sugar
140g butter

  1. always let the sponge cake to completely cool before decorate the cake!
  2. melt the white chocolate in double boil method with a sauce pan, set aside to cool
  3. meanwhile, cream butter & icing sugar with mixer until it is fluffy and pale
  4. add in melted white chocolate into the whipped buttercream, mix well
  5. in 3 small bowls, add 1 tbsp of whipped buttercream into each bowl, add in colour paste, blue, red and yellow fold & mix well to become coloured buttercream
  6. frost the cake with original white chocolate buttercream, spread all over the cake
  7. add in coloured buttercream at side and top of the cake, spread it evenly
  8. I topped it with halved oreo to decorate the cake


As for the mini cake, I use 3 eggs for this recipe. Whole egg method and is was very easy to make. 

Here's the recipe:- (6" cake)
3 large eggs
70g fine sugar
70g all purpose flour + 1 tbsp cornflour, sifted
30g melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract

  1. preheat oven at 180C
  2. whisk whole eggs & sugar in a mixing bowl, whisk until fluffy
  3. slowly add in vanilla extract, melted butter & flour, fold to combine
  4. pour mixture into a 6" cake pan
  5. bake for 30-35 minutes, turn cake upside down on a wire rack to cool before completely unmould the cake pan

No comments:

Post a Comment