Monday 2 February 2015

pineapple tart 黄梨酥


I always wanted to make a good pineapple tart for every Chinese New Year. This is my forth year to make this, but with every different recipe. I remember the first year, I manage to make a very tasty pineapple tart but


I never keep or write down the recipe. Then the second time was not as good as the first year pineapple tart that I baked, then the third year also failed me... :(




How I get this recipe? It was a funny story. 

I was shopping at a hyper market to buy chinese arrowhead. It was a long queue, an auntie queuing behind me was chatting with me about frying arrowhead. Then she talks about making pineapple tart. Then I ask her if she can share her recipe with me. She was so generous to share her recipe and told me how she doing it. It was an easy recipe to remember, so once I went back home, I quickly write it down and test to make it at that same day. But I personally feel the pastry is too soft and easily to break after trying to bake a few tart. Then I modify the recipe until I get this nice pastry, but is a bit hard to shape! Luckly I had my husband to help me out and give opinion by tasting the first batch. If doing alone, I bet I can't finish in time and take hours.




Beautiful Pineapple Tarts in the oven.




For the Pineapple fillings:

Ingredients:
3 medium size pineapples
1 cup sugar
pinch of salt

My pineapple filling is on the go! 



  1. Remove pineapple skin and cut to small pieces. Blend pineapples with your blender until fine.
  2. Pour all blended pineapples with juice into a sauce pan.
  3. Add sugar and salt, stir pineapple with low heat to prevent burning. Cook until juice reduce and become thick paste.
  4. Set a side and let cool.
黄梨馅料:

主料:
3中等大小的黄梨
1杯糖
少许盐
  1. 除去黄梨皮肤,并切成小块。用搅拌机打烂。
  2. 全部倒入黄梨混合果汁成汁出锅。
  3. 添加糖和盐,搅拌黄梨,低热量,防止燃烧。煮至汁减少,成为稠膏。放凉。



For the pastry:

Ingredients:
1kg pineapple jam filling
600g all purpose flour
250g butter
70g cooking oil
2 large egg yolks
2 tsp cold water
1 tbsp fine sugar
pinch of salt
Egg wash : 1 egg + 1 tsp water
  1. Use a teaspoon to scope and ball the pineapple filling. If too sticky, chill the pineapple filling first before shaping to balls.
  2. Mixed flour, salt, sugar until all combine evenly.
  3. Add in butter and oil and mixed well.
  4. Combine egg yolks and water into batter. Mixed well with hand.
  5. Weight dough into 9-10g each. Round into ball shape by hand. Set a side.
  6. Wrap the fillings with the small dough. Use a knife to cut the cross lines on the top.
  7. Egg wash and bake tart at 180C for 20 minutes or until turn golden brown.

主料:



1千克黄梨馅
600克筋面粉
250克黄油
70克菜油
2个大蛋黄
2茶匙冷水
1汤匙细砂糖
少许盐
蛋液:鸡蛋1 + 1茶匙水
  1. 用茶匙和黄梨馅整形成球装。如果太粘,将黄梨馅放入冰箱。
  2. 混合面粉,盐,糖,直到所有的结合均匀。
  3. 加黄油和菜油并混合。
  4. 结合蛋黄和水放入面糊。用手充分混合。
  5. 每个面团分成9-10g。成圆球状.
  6. 小面团包馅料。用小刀在顶部画线。
  7. 涂蛋液和烤馅饼,180℃, 20分钟或直到金黄色。

No comments:

Post a Comment