Sunday 2 March 2014

Jane's homemade healthy nasi lemak 健康椰浆饭



Nasi Lemak is the Malaysian most favourites food. I can say that most of the Malaysian love nasi lemak to serve as their breakfast or lunch or dinner.


It was raining out there again and can't go out to buy food. So I look into the fridge, found no more vegetables to cook. But I still have a lot of Ikan Bilis (dried anchovies) and some blended chili paste. I always put a pack of Ikan bilis for making soup. What to cook? I just cook the simplest Nasi Lemak as my dinner.




I didn't put any coconut milk into the rice. I feel plain rice is more healthier and the rice not plain at all but full of pandan leaves and lemon grass fragrant once it is cooked.


Ingredients: (serve 3 pax)

1 1/2 cups rice (washed)
2 1/2 cups water
1 tsp salt
4 pandan leaves
A crush ginger and lemon grass
4 eggs

......................................
A big handful of Ikan Bilis (dried anchovies) (washed and drained)
2 large red onion
2 tbsp fresh blended chili paste
1 tbsp tomato sauce / can tomato paste
1/2 tbsp chili sauce
salt and sugar to taste
some water

1. Cook rice with rice cooker. Add salt, pandan leaves, ginger and lemon grass into the rice, stir well.
2. Put eggs into rice to make hard boiled eggs. Cook rice.
3. Fry Ikan Bilis until crispy and golden brown.
4. Remain 1 tbsp oil, put in onion and add chili paste.
5. Add 1 tbsp fried ikan bilis and stir.
6. Add tomato sauce or tomato paste, chili sauce, salt and sugar to taste.
7. Add some water if sambal look too dry.
8. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment