Monday 10 March 2014

orange butter cupcakes 香橙奶油蛋糕


Is been a long time I did not bake any orange flavour cakes. Every time I cut an orange I will think of what a waste to throw the orange peel because I love to smell the orange peel so much. 
My husband also started to complain that I didn't bake for him any orange cake anymore! So I bake it today to satisfy him. Like father, my son also love this orange cupcakes.


Anyway, I do not like to use artificial flavour and this is the best and natural flavour you can have it easily to make cakes. Others flavour is lemon and pandan leaves. I should try it in my next cakes recipe!


 

This is how it looks like when I scoop in the batter. Unlike chiffon cake, you don't need to spread it level before put into oven. The batter will soon get level later.



  


Ingredients: (make 16 small cupcakes)

120g all purpose flour

1 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp milk powder
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt

150g butter (room temperature)

90g castor sugar
3 eggs
1 grated orange zest
1½ tbsp orange juice
  1. preheat oven at 200°C, line cup cake pan with paper for later use.
  2. sift all purpose flour, cornflour, milk powder & baking powder. Lastly add salt, mixed well. Set a side.
  3. in a mixing bowl, add in butter & sugar. Turn on high speed, beat until pale & fluffy. Add orange zest and mix well.
  4. divide flour at 3 parts, add 1 part of flour as you add 1 egg. Mix at low speed. 
  5. lastly, add in orange juice and combine well.
  6. pour batter into cupcake pan. Bake for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment