Monday 14 April 2014

claypot pork belly with salted fish 咸鱼花腩煲


I love pork belly! No, not only me! Is we love pork belly! 


But when I was in my teens I always avoid to eat fat, especially pork belly. I always cut out the fat and the skin and only eat the meat. That was because I never get to know this food but until now, when you chew it together of the combination of the skin, fat and meat and the texture like melting and chewy jelly like that make us like pork belly! Also I am not that slim like I does when I was in my teens or back to 10 years ago! haha...

I always though this is a difficult dish to cook! But one day, my brother introduce us to go to a hawker place to have our lunch. The chinese cook was brilliantly cooked this dish and we all love it! Surprisingly the big pieces of pork belly is very chewy and very thin. We discuss the method of cooking on the sport and we do have some clue on it. I'm pretty proud of myself for being cook this at the first time and had this delicious taste and also get the chewy jelly like texture from the pork belly. Must try!


Ingredients: (serve 2-4 pax)


4" x 1 1/2" pork belly
1 tsp cornflour
1 tsp light soy sauce
some salted fish
1 large onion
some spring onion
3 dry chilies
2 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp Shaoxing Wine 绍兴酒



cook pork belly with water until 80% cook. Take out the meat and put it for cold bath.
Cut to thin slices. Marinate meat with light soy sauce and cornflour.

• Heat wok with cooking oil, add onion.
• Then add salted fish, lightly stir fry.
• Add dry chilies, stir fry until you smell of salted fish and chilies.

Put in sliced pork belly, add oyster sauce, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and sugar.
High heat, stir fry for a while and add water.

Let simmer for about 3 minutes or until gravy become lesser.

Add spring onion. Off the heat and serve.
*(If you are serving with claypot, heat claypot and pour the dish inside and serve.)

No comments:

Post a Comment