Sunday 11 May 2014

cranberry cream cheese tart 蔓越莓芝士挞




Since I have a bottle of Cranberry Sauce ready in the fridge, so I decided to make a tart by using cranberry. I never make this kind of tart before, but I have all the ingredients on hand. Just play it by combine it all together and walla!! This Cranberry Cream Cheese Tart is born! Haha..

Click on Cranberry sauce for the recipe!



The marble effect of the tart is not pretty, actually I did try to pipe chocolate line on it to make other effect but comes out so ugly then I just use a spatula to mix it around and finally this is the effect that I got.



Ingredients: (makes 1 x 7 inches round pan)

20 pcs crackers (I use Tiger cracker)

80g melted butter
Cranberry Sauce
90g cream cheese (room temperature)
90g whipping cream
20g castor sugar
Pinch of salt
30g melted chocolate


  


  1. preheat oven at 170°C.
  2. ground cracker with your blender. Add melted butter into cracker crumbs and combine well.
  3. press mixture into round pan. Bake for 10 minutes at 170°C. Let cool and set a side.
  4. beat cream cheese, salt and sugar with mixer until fluffy. Add whipping cream and whisk for another 10 minutes.
  5. spoon out 2 tbsp on a bowl with melted chocolate. Whisk to combine.
  6. spread a layer of Cranberry Sauce on the baked crust.
  7. spread the combine cream cheese mixture for the second layer. Level the surface with your spatula.
  8. use the chocolate mixture to pipe in lines or like me, mix it around to become marble effect.
  9. chill tart for at least 2 hours before serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment