Sunday 25 May 2014

double boiled chicken essence with ginseng 泡参炖马来鸡



What is Chicken Essence? Chicken essence is the chicken juice that you will gather from one chicken 
after double boil it for 4 - 5 hours. 


That's the way I make my chicken essence. Also is my mom who teach me to do that. Back to 10 years ago, I know nothing about chicken essence. Back to home, my loving mom will make us chicken essence soup. But I never ask her how she do it, how many hours she spend to look after the heat, (my mom like to use charcoal to boil it at her back yard). After I married and have my own home  family, I start to like cooking, learning and will call mom out to find out how the dish or soup is cook. She's my living recipe book!


By adding ginseng to your soup will make it more nutrition too! I add 泡参 American Ginseng and red dates, American Ginseng can stimulates energy and nourishes the lungs and spleen.


Ingredients: (serve 2 pax)

1 whole kampung chicken
6g american ginseng
3 red dates (without seed)
1/4 cup water
pinch of salt

Wash and clean chicken, for those who afraid of high cholesterol, you may  remove the chicken skin. Cut chicken into small pieces.

I like to use a plastic bag method to smash the chicken, less messy also didn't dirty your  kitchen top and your shirt. Remember to smash the bone too!

Put all the smashed chicken pieces into stewing pot. Top with american ginseng and red dates. Add 1/4 cup water and 1/3 tsp salt into the pot.

Use another small bowl and put on top of the chicken meat as photo shown.

Put in your stewing pot into a bigger pot to double boiled . Remember add in water until water level reach middle of the stewing pot. High heat to make it boil, then switch to low heat to stew for 4-5 hours. 
**Remember to monitor the water level from drying. Add more hot water when necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment